- Energy & Power
- Construction & Mining
- Water & Environment
- Buyers' Guide
The Africa Energy Forum (aef) 2022 will be held from 21-24 June in Brussels under the theme ‘Africa for Africa: Building Energy for the Just Transition’, before starting its journey to Nairobi, Kenya, where it will host the 25th Africa Energy Forum
According to the organiser, “Once again we unite governments, utilities and regulators with development finance institutions, commercial banks, power developers, technology providers, EPCs and professional services.”
Over the last 23 years the Forum has earnt a reputation as the most meaningful gathering of decision-makers in African energy to form partnerships, identify opportunities and move the industry forward. We hand-pick the most credible organisations in the sector, delivering an intensive networking experience like no other.
Some of the topics and themes to expect at aef 2022 include:
• What does Africa want and need and how can international partners play a part
• How are EU investments being channelled in to Africa’s energy projects
• South Africa’s Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme – unfolding for the future
• Africa’s voice in the global fight against climate change – how is the conversation changing for COP27?
• Implementing practical solutions for Africa’s utilities
• Gas – Africa’s fuel here to stay – the need to accelerate gas on the continent
• Project preparation – increasing the number of projects reaching financial close
• Is project financing ready to ride the green hydrogen wave?
• Integrating solar and wind into the grid
• Assessing South Africa’s 100MW no license liberalisation and its progress
• Industrial and corporate de-carbonisation
In word of HE Honourable Dr Mohamed Shaker El-Markabi, minister of electricity and renewable energy, Egypt, “African Energy Forum 2021 event was very successful and I would like to thank you for all your support. The venue is very well situated, the conference room was perfect and lunch in reception worked very well. From my perspective, the way you managed the aef21 was very great and the event days were exemplary. We will be back with more success, Inchallah, at aef 2022.”